Why promote innovative multi-function façade systems?
Much of the existing building sector is characterized by highly energy-intensive, structurally and technologically obsolete, qualitatively degraded buildings. The current market need is therefore aimed at building redevelopment and improving the energy efficiency of existing structures.
However, the invasiveness of the interventions, the difficult compatibility of the new systems with the existing building from the aesthetic-structural-dimensional point of view, the problematic interaction between the route of the plant channels with the existing architectural structure, often obliges the users to give up the possibility of performing energy retrofit actions.
Numerous national and international summits have highlighted the urgent need to find easily actionable solutions that can convert old energy-intensive buildings into buildings with innovative features and low energy consumption. The techniques currently on the market such as ventilated walls, double-skin façades external coat systems, despite some undoubted advantages, still have application limits, difficult integration with the systems and criticality in operating conditions.
Description I-Best System
I-BEST is a technological system for the redevelopment of existing buildings, consisting of modular and multi-functional panels, supported by a light and metallic supporting structure that anchors itself to the existing building so as not to burden it (thus configuring itself physically independent of the existing casing) and generate at the same time a cavity capable of containing and hiding the system channels.
I-BEST, overcoming the problems of today's building practice, has the following features and performances:
- replicable in various climatic contexts;
- adaptable to the various building types;
- flexible, from a formal and performance point of view, according to the technological and construction characteristics of the building subject to intervention;
- it does not structurally burden the existing building;
- aesthetically qualifying for the building in urban context;
- economic in industrial production;
- non-invasive for occupants of the building subject to intervention;
- achievable in a short time;
- easy to maintain and inspect;
- dynamic and changeable over time;
- monitorable over time;
- integrates energy production systems from renewable sources and systems to improve environmental sustainability.
Objectives of the Green HoMe Pole
The Pole intends to support the development and diffusion of an innovative technological system (I-BEST) capable of implementing an integrated energy efficiency both on the performance of a casing and on the plant system, giving high aesthetic quality and environmental eco-compatibility.